“The MetaMeets 2010 Internet Conference opens just as the 2009 movie “Avatar” has introduced the general public to the idea of virtual environments. The conference, like the movie, is a bridge for people to see what’s possible in a way that begins to draw them to virtual as well as real life. The conference will be available May 7th-8th in both Live and Virtual formats.”
- MetaMeets 2010 follows its successful inaugural conference last year in Amsterdam, Holland. “Metameets” appeared as a Top Ten Twitter Trending Topic on three separate occasions.
- There were 140 Million active virtual world users in 2008, projected to increase to 2 Billion by end-2013.
- The 2009 movie “Avatar” is the first film to reach 2 Billion USD worldwide and has been nominated for nine Oscar Nominations .
- MetaMeets presentations, discussions, and networking activities will be streamed from the live location to virtual environments and will include participation from virtual attendees.
- The Digital Hub is an Irish Government initiative to create an international centre of expertise for knowledge, innovation and creativity focused on digital content and technology enterprises.
- For program, registration, and travel information see the conference website at http://www.metameets.com/