- Getting invited to “save the date” by post card two months ago.
Talk about advance notice!
- it was mailed to my LLC address which means they keep track of Greater Houston businesses.
- Hearing Houston Mayor Annise Parker live and seeing her in person.
Houston has the coolest mayors I know.
- Meeting friendly HCC staff, students, and fellow community supporters.
- Breakfast at the ever-superb Junior League of Houston facility.
- Introducing myself to the trustees of two HCC zones where I have worked in the past.
There are 18 campuses divided into 7 geographical areas of Greater Houston.
It’s been several years since I did education work but I’ve been getting back into it.
- #1 community college in the US for international student enrollment.
Houston has substantive mixed demographics.
- #1 community college in Texas for placing students in jobs when they graduate
- HCC is an important bridge school in Houston between K-12 and University.
In fact it has five Early College High Schools, all rated Exemplary by TEA and Silver by US News and World Report.