City-building simulation games update!
– price – $29.99 complete mac/pc downloadable edition from Origin
– multiplayer capability: you can open a region with multiple cities, distributed among you as “mayor” or open to your friends as fellow mayors. Either way you can exchange services so that individual cities can specialize.
+ can be played online or standalone your choice
– simplified utility system: electricity, water, sewage are automatically delivered via roads
– individual city sizes are limited – if you want to go mega you have to go regional
Cities Skylines 2015
– price – $29.99 complete mac/pc/linux downloadable edition from Steam
– tons of free add-on mods, which: a) keep on growing, and b) include terrain maps of selected real cities
– map/terrain editor (see above re real cities)
– you can only play standalone
– design freedom (e.g., infinite money vs. budget constrained)
– exploring and optimizing eco-living options (e.g., dirty vs. clean industry; electricity, garbage, sewage options; traffic)
– tons of tutorials/demos/play throughs on YouTube
– the possibility for us to become eco-living literate through playing or watching or commenting or all of the above these simulations
– keep linking up with the incredible 3d content and state-of-the-art user interfaces used on simulations, such as Wargaming, and real world services, such as Google Earth